Friday, September 26, 2014

Faith Through Hearing-- If It's Broke, He'll Fix It

Happy Friday Readers!

I can't thank you enough for coming back to this blog time and time again.  It really means a lot to me.  I hope you liked the interview I did with Julia.  If you haven't read it, go check it out!  

I haven't done a "Faith Through Hearing" post in a while. But recently I got inspired to share something I read in my daily devotional.  I'm finishing up Pastor Rick Warren's 22-day plan "Life's Healing Choices."  And I really like it.  Here's an excerpt from one of the daily reads:
 "Don't waste your pain.  If you hide it and hold it back, it doesn't do any good.  But if you're honest with God and yourself and with other people, God can use the thing you hate the most in your life, that you're most disappointed by, that you wish had never happened.  God says, 'You can't change what happened to you.  But I can use it for your benefit and for my purposes.  When you're willing to share your brokenness, I can use it to help other people." 

That passage really hit a nerve with me.  

I've shared a lot with you all on this blog.  And sometimes, I think back on my old posts and wonder, "Should I have shared that?  Should I have written that?  Was it too negative?"  I've thought about going back and changing certain things that I've written, especially some of the more negative or sad-sounding posts.  Because, I honestly am in a better place now!  I'm healthier and happier and I look back and see how this trial of living with kidney disease and having a transplant has transformed me into the person that I really want to become.  I always tried to remind myself of Romans 5:3 and Romans 8:38, that good things would come of it, but I didn't always believe it.  

I've shared on this blog the many times when I felt brokenWhen I was broken.  When I wished and hoped and prayed that kidney failure had never happened to me.  Being in a trial is hard!  You do feel hopeless at times, and your faith can be shaken.  And I had to constantly remind myself of who God is, and what his promises are.  

If you're going through a painful situation right now--and it can be anything; it doesn't have to be kidney disease!--I just want to remind you that God is good. He is good.  And just know that once you have been tested you WILL have a testimony.  And that testimony will be used to bring others to the one who rescues us, who heals us and loves us.  

God is good.  You will be OK.  And good things will come of this.  

"He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us."  2 Corinthians 1:4 MSG

Anyhoo...
Here's a picture of me with a wolf-dog.  Yes a wolf-dog.  I met him at a cafe last Friday and he tried to eat my gelato.

 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!