Monday, August 19, 2013

Living for the Weekend--Food, Cars, and Shows

From D.C. to N.Y.
 
 

It was another busy summer weekend for the Ashmans.   But that seems to really be the theme of the summer.  Ever since the wedding, it's kind of been all systems go for us.  I love love LOVE summer. It's my favorite season of the year. I still get pissed off when I see commercials for back-to-school clothes...even though I've been out of school for four years already.  BUT, there's a small part of me that's looking forward to fall.  Looking at my September and October schedules it's kind of a relief to not have anything planned for a while.   

  • Top Left and Right/bottom Left:  I'd been feeling kind of down lately and as much as Ben, the great husband that he is, tried to pick me back up, it just wasn't working. Luckily, the next best thing to a husband is two wonderful sisters. We got together to hang out at the food truck festival in D.C. then ended the night on the stairs of one of my [new] favorite thinking spots--the Masonic Temple in Old Town Alexandria.  A Friday outing with them was just what I needed before...
  • Bottom Right:  Spending a day and a half with alllll of Ben's best friends. For good cause though:  the guy who sang at our wedding was performing at a show in New York!  He did an awesome job and the "story" of "Storyville" is actually pretty intriguing.  There was lots of interracial love in this play, specifically of the white and black variety, which I was loving of course.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!