Monday, August 26, 2013

Living for the Weekend: Eatin Good in the Neighborhood/A Reminder

"After all You are constant
After all You are only good
After all You are sovereign
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Not for a moment will You forsake me"

Not For a Moment, Meredith Andrews

 
The lyrics above are from a song we sang in church on Sunday.  One of my new favorites. Reminded me so much of how far God has brought me.  Three, basically four months ago, I received a new lease on life.  Anything, ALL THINGS, are possible with God leading us.

And thank God for making this weekend possible.  It was an OK weekend.  The UPs were I got to spend a lot of time outside, enjoying the city, people, spreading the word about kidney disease.  I also got to stuff my face with some really good food.  The DOWN:  I'm having car problems.  'Nuf said.

Top Left (1st and 2nd):  I had enough leftover produce last week to make cob salad with fresh corn to take with me to volunteer for NKF on Saturday.  So I didn't have to spend $8 on something I could have made myself, and I was able to stay on my low-sodium diet.  Fitting since I was talking to people about kidney disease and the effects of high-sodium diets.  I like to set a good example when I'm willing and able.  Sunday night, I enjoyed a ricotta and chive frittata with potato salad.  AKA, girl food because Ben was out for the night.

Bottom Left:  On Sunday night, Ben and I were both completing the drafts for our Fantasy Football Leagues.  Years ago, when I first started dating Ben, I really didn't understand what all the hoopla was about.  Fantasy football seemed kind of dumb.  Eight years later and married:  I still don't understand the hoopla. But what I do know is that it is kind of fun. And it gives you people to root for on Sundays if you're not that into football.  I'm running my work league this year.  Amazed at how far I've come.  

Bottom Right:  I volunteered at a health fair with NKF on Saturday.  More on that Wednesday.

Top Right:  It was so nice here in D.C.  I spent a few hours eating lunch and just hanging out at the Navy Memorial.  Before meeting up with my cousin for delicious Dim Sum.  


That was a lot to write.  I'm actually looking forward to writing a LFTW post that's like...one sentence.  This summer has been BIIIIIZZZZZZYYYYYY.  I kind of hate it, kind of like it. But I'm also kind of tired.  And kind of cranky.  Can you tell?

Anyways, in case you too need a reminder on this Monday morning (I know I do), take in Meredith's message.  God is with you today.  You WILL make it to Tuesday in one piece, and not wanting to kill your boss/coworker/child/person at the bank.


 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!