Monday, April 8, 2013

Living for the Weekends-- Spring to Life


Despite, hobbling around for most of the weekend, and still hunched over in a little bit of pain following the catheter placement, it was a pretty good weekend. For one, it was the first real Spring Weekend, where we just had nice weather all the way around.  And second, I got to spend quality time with my family and fiance.  I'm really happy that I felt good enough to start walking around more.  Also, huge plus, it dawned on me that I haven't felt as fatigued!  Yeah, I haven't taken a two hour nap in a while! Some highlights:
  • I took Danyelle to Krispy Kreme on Saturday following another dialysis appointment.  
  • Ben and I enjoyed a great picnic at the park where we're planning to take our wedding photos.  
  • While Ben was hanging out with his friends, he dropped me off at my parents' house so they could babysit me.  There was dinner, there was laughter, and there was my purty white little dog, Lilo.  :)  
 I also talked to my dad for a long time about the family's new diet plan:  a low sodium diet!! Can you believe it?! My dad, that guy who said he would NEVER change the way he ate because his grandparents ate whatever they wanted and lived to be 99 years old.  Really, they did.  Well, there's a reason my dad changed his eating habits. I'll share more on the blog for Friday's post, and also what it's like to walk around with a tube coming out of my stomach. Not gonna lie, it is a bit uncomfortable, and I told Ben that I'm kinda already getting sick of it. But I try not to let it cramp my style.



And still am. Thank goodness. 



 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!